Types of information
Personal information: is information or an opinion, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual who is identified or reasonably identifiable.
Sensitive information: is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
The information we collect
Personal information: The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- where you place an order with us:
- your contact details, including your shipping and billing address, your telephone number and email address;
- details of the products ordered by you;
- your credit card or other payment details;
- if you register with us on our website, details of any products you save or purchase via the website, your name, email address and if you choose to provide the following information, the state you are located in, your date of birth and gender;
- your preferences and/or opinions, including your marketing, events or information preferences;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys or any other feedback process, suggestion, comment or contribution you make to us (including any images and videos submitted);
- details of products and services that you have enquired about or support requests you have submitted, and our response to you;
- records of our communication with you, such as via telephone, the ‘contact us’ webform on our website and email;
- reviews that you publish on our website or online, such as via social media (including any images and videos submitted);
- if you attend any events organised by us or enter any competitions we run or sponsor, details of your participation in such event and/or competition and your registration or entry details for such event and/or competition;
- if you access our premises, details of your access to our premises and systems, such as login and account information, screen name, password and user ID;
- if you are a supplier or distributor of ours or work for a supplier or distributor of ours, your contact details, the business you work for and your job title;
- where you access our website or other online Services:
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our online Services, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our online Services, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Services, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
Sensitive information: We do not actively request sensitive information about you. However, if at any time we need to collect sensitive information about you, unless otherwise permitted by law, we will first obtain your consent and we will only use it as required or authorised by law.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
- Directly: We collect personal information which you directly provide to us, including when you place an order via our website; when you register for an account on our website; through the ‘contact us’ form on our website; when you contact us via telephone, email or social media; when you sign up to our marketing or market data news lists, when you register and/or attend an event with us; when you enter a competition run by us; and when you provide information in relation to a warranty for our product(s).
- Indirectly: We may collect personal information which you indirectly provide to us while interacting with us, including when you use our website; in emails we receive; over the telephone; and in your online enquiries.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our website;
- to dispatch and deliver our products to you;
- to contact, respond and otherwise communicate with you about our Services;
- to manage any product warranty for products you purchase;
- for advertising and marketing, including
- to send you promotional information about our products and services and information that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to send you promotional information about our business partners’ products and services and information that we consider may be of interest to you; and
- to show you advertising we consider may be of interest to you;
- for internal record keeping, administrative, invoicing and billing purposes;
- for monitoring and assessing compliance with law and our policies and standards;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and requests anywhere in the world, including reporting to and/or being audited by national and international regulatory bodies;
- to carry out money laundering, financial and credit checks and for fraud and crime prevention and detection purposes;
- for administrative purposes in relation to the security of and access to our websites and applications;
- for analytics, market research and business management and development, including to operate and improve our product range, Services, stores, website, information technology systems, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run promotions, events, competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- to resolve any disputes that we may have;
- if you have applied for employment with us; to consider your employment application;
- for any other legitimate business purpose; and
- if otherwise required or authorised by law.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, to us, including (without limitation) IT service providers, cloud storage providers, couriers, suppliers, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, debt collectors, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors, partners or promoters of any promotions or competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets, rights or obligations (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- any third party you consent to;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required or authorised by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as [Google Analytics (To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time), Marketing Affiliates, Email providers and Facebook Pixel]; and
- any other third parties as required or authorised by law, such as where we receive a subpoena or are responding to a regulator’s request.
Overseas disclosure: Where we disclose your personal information to the third parties listed above, these third parties may store, transfer or access personal information outside of Australia, including but not limited to, Japan, Europe and the United States of America.
We will only disclose your personal information to countries with laws which protect your personal information in a way which is substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles or we will ensure we take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict and unsubscribe: To object to processing for direct marketing/unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Access: You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to withhold access to your personal information.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to not correct your personal information.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint. If you are unhappy with how we have handled your complaint, you have the right to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place and will maintain suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures, to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
While we are committed to security, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to or by us over the Internet. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our online Services.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Mizuno Corporation Australia Pty Ltd ABN 24 130 223 924
Post: 17 Anzed Court, Mulgrave VIC 3170
Last update: 20 November 2020